Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012

Today I am off from my regular job. The first day of my blog. I am remembering my brother, who I shared a birthday with,  who passed away suddenly at the age of 48. We all miss him.

I have my usual ferments/cultures going today. Milk and water kefir. I prefer the water kefir, it's a effervescent drink, full of wonderful probiotics. It tastes a lot like pop. I flavor it with unsweetend cherry juice when I am done with the fermentation phase. I keep it in the fridge and try to drink a couple pints a day.

Those are the water kefir grains at the bottom and I added fresh ginger and dried apricots (no preservatives). When the dried fruit rises to the top, the kefir is ready. I usually let it ferment for a couple more days so the grains eat more of the sugar. It's delicious.

I have been healing myself with food and cultured/fermented drinks. It's a slow process but I do beleive I am making progress. I will write more about this in coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment